Kwe’ (hello) and welcome to the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre! Walk with me and let me take you on a virtual tour of our beautiful venue.
As we walk through the Main Doors on the first floor we will approach the doors to the Jenu room.
Jenu is well known for its intimate setting and romantic atmosphere making it a sought after location for a wedding. Its neutral color scheme marries perfectly with any color of décor allowing you to truly have a crisp and blank canvas to paint your dream wedding.
Some important features to note would be:
* Floor to ceiling windows that provide stunning natural light. Whether you are watching the sunlight flirt with the flowers in the summer or watching snowflakes dance outside in the winter, the windows really lend to the romance.
* Jenu is also equipped with its own set of washrooms on the floor making it easy to run away quickly to powder your nose or touch up the lip gloss.
* Jenu can accommodate a maximum of 200 seated for dinner comfortably with sufficient space to dance the night away.
No matter if it’s a group of 50 or 150 we can all agree that this room gives you everything you are looking for.
(Photo by Anita Clemens Photography)
Shall we move onto our main ballroom? Great, follow me up the grand staircase to the second floor.
As we reach the top of the stairs, you’re going to see our awe-inspiring dream catcher hanging in the atrium. This is my favorite spot for wedding photos. Can you imagine having your photographer snapping a photo of you here as the sun kisses your cheeks and the feathers sway back and forth above your head? (I’ve got goosebumps just thinking about it!!)
Let’s make our way into the ballroom..
As we walk in, the first thing you will notice is how warm and inviting this space is considering its size. If you’re stopping by to see it while the room is completely empty, don’t let it fool you; it dresses up nicely once the tables are in place.
The unique feature of Main Hall is its ability to be a shape shifter. Whether you are planning a wedding filled with glitz and glam or opting for a simple but elegant evening, main hall can transform to fit your theme. Regardless if you’ve visited for a wedding, a banquet or just a simple party, our guests agree that this room leaves a lasting impression. Your guests will be wowed from the first moment they step inside.
In addition to being a beautiful location for a wedding, the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre provides many items complimentary with your rental, making the planning process that much easier! Complimentary items include:
* All guest tables and chairs (Both round and long tables are available. If you’re looking to change up the traditional look of a wedding reception, you can incorporate some long tables into the mix. They really look quite elegant and add some dimension to the layout)
* Setup for a head table on risers
* White or black linen table cloths
* Black or white linen napkins
* All dishes, cutlery and glassware
* Sound for speeches (Podium, PA & Vocal mic)
* Setup, dismantle and clean up - post celebration
* Coordination and advice along the way from a certified wedding planner (that’s me!)
Another great feature of the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre is that we are a full service venue. This means that all of your catering needs are taken care of in-house. It alleviates that step of having to outsource your wedding meal with a separate company. Whether you choose to order from our pre-designed wedding menu or have a custom menu created, our executive culinary team will make a delicious meal you and your guests won’t ever forget.
With all of the above taken into consideration I’m sure you can see just how easy it is to enjoy your big day without having to stress about all the little things. It’s as easy as arriving, eating, dancing and going home with lasting memories. I hope that this has painted a picture of our beautiful facility, although nothing beats the experience than seeing it for yourself. Give me a call, I would be happy to take you for a tour.
Yours in weddings